Re: First sighting

Saw our first this evening just at dusk.  I always time them with the azalea
at the front of the house.  They almost always appear when it is in bloom, and
it is just beginning to open.
That's not the first sign of spring, though.  I think the goldfinches
recovering their color is what says it to me, and they have been looking like Easter
eggs for a couple of weeks.  Spring is in pretty full swing here, but the
weather hasn't been nice.  It was very cool until a week ago when we had a couple
of hot days - up to 90 degrees.  Then it got cool again, but everything just
exploded.  All my daffodils, carefully chosen for a six-week sequence of bloom,
are blooming at once.  The display is grand, but will all be gone in another
week.  Oh well.  Enjoy it as it comes