From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 1:22 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] An impromptu swap....A very nice surprise

You know, I think some people just "get" it.  Others don't.  That woman did.
The young wife of the man who cleaned my carpets asked me what she could
plant that wouldn't cost much.  They'd bought an old farmhouse w/ a bit of
land.  I dug out and potted 60 (free) pots of tawny daylilies for her and
brought them to my office so she wouldn't have to drive so far to pick them
up.  I'm sure she said 'thanks', but that was it.  I did the same for
another woman who later brought me some mums AND brought my pots back.  It's
not that I needed or wanted the mums, just...., oh you know, some bit of
recognition.  On the other hand, I have a MG friend with whom I like to
share.  But if I give her one plant, she gives me ten.  It's a bit
unnerving.  Still, she "gets" it.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't expect
something in return for every plant I give away, but for 60 pots and a lot
of my time digging, a postcard would have been nice, or at least my pots

BTW, it's pouring here too.