Re: my garden photos

I'm in Oklahoma City in a neighborhood just west of Penn Square Mall.
For being in Oklahoma, it's full of trees and lotsa shade. So my poor
roses barely get 6 hours of sun. But I do have the loveliest dry shade!
Roses are in barrels and adding compost, etc. around the rest of the
place to get the dirt to make the transition to soil.

Hey you should see what I found in some processed manure (have a horse
and bring home horse apples on a regular basis). This was in a garbage
can of stuff I've had processing since last summer. Well as I was
shoveling it out to put on the roses, I discovered grubs the size of my
thumbs! Enormous! I've never seen any that big! Showed my husband and
told him that they were Texas grubs and, not knowing that I made it up,
just said "huh uh"

So if anyone can tell me about huge grubs that like to develop in developing horse manure, please fill me in on the details.

Fran, OKC

Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net> wrote:
YES...Bermuda Grass is NOT my friend. And what part of Oklahoma do you
live in? My mother is from the panhandle area (Buffalo) and to grow
ANYTHING out there was a real challange. 'Bout the only things you can
grow are wheat, cactus and tumbleweeds.

F M Ferrari wrote:
Beautiful!!! and to think that you live "out west!" So tell me, how in
heaven's name do you keep that nasty bermuda grass outta your beds?????
I have to admit that it's one of the few things that I do hate out here
in Oklahoma! Fran

Tricia
wrote:my garden photos
I am new at trying to send pictures. I hope this works. I usually
don't let anyone see my garden unless I can tell them how we have
only been here for 7 years and I am working on a 39 year plan!

So much more to do! It was a cloudy day so I thought the colors were good.
Tricia
zone 6b
western Ok
"where it has to be invasive to live"