Re: todays experience

Donna,
Sounds like you got a GC to a good nursery.  There are good and bad
experiences in mailorder, most of mine have been good and I know who to
steer clear of, for the most part.

Which brings me to my update for Sugar Creek.  I ordered 6 plants - 4gal,
2qt.  Order confirmed. A month later 1gal and 1qt were canceled - crop
failure or some such thing.  They sent a refund check. When the order
arrived, they had cancelled another gal and enclosed another refund check.
So I should still receive 2 gal and 1 qt, right?  No, I got 1gal and 2qts. I
called and explained, so she looked up the Echinacea 'Prairie Frost' that
was supposed to be a gal and said that, as it turned out, though they'd
offered both sizes, they only had qts.  So I explained there was a $5
difference between the 2 sizes and I now need a ANOTHER refund check.  She
said they'd only been doing mailorder for 3yrs and were still trying to work
out the bugs.  Hmmmmmm....

Now to quality.  Their site says: "The plants you receive have been grown in
pots or are field grown.  The pot sizes listed here are the size in which
the plants are currently being grown....You will receive your plants
bareroot (no soil on roots). "  However, the qt size had enough roots for a
2 inch pot and the gal size had enough roots for a qt pot.  They were of a
size to be repotted into, and grown on in, the size they advertised, but,
from my experience, they hadn't already been growing in that size pot.

The people seem nice enough and make a big show of offering the newest
plants, but they don't follow through.  I wish them luck, but I don't think
I'd order from them again.

Kitty