Re: my garden photos

All but the Hackberry are available from Arborvillage Nursery in Missouri (assuming the 'silverleaf' linden is Tilia tormentosa).
On Wednesday, May 5, 2004, at 10:48 PM, Kitty wrote:

I've been searching for a Hackberry for weeks! First I found that at least
2 different genus use the name, but what I need is a Celtis occidentalis.
Locally no luck. So I found one at Forest Farm, but they are out of them
until fall. Am considering taking a road trip up into Michigan to get
Hackberry, Silverleaf Linden, Red Buckeye, Fringe Tree, and Amelanchier

----- Original Message -----
From: <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] my garden photos

Well Tricia, my place was a damn drug house before I bought it, so
imagine my satisfaction from turning a blight on society into an
environmentally friendly habitat and pretty garden! Hackberries are
considered kind of junk trees too, but guess what - my birdies adore
them. Even if I do have to pull up about 5000 hackberry seedlings a

Pam Evans Kemp, TX zone 8A ----- Original Message ----- From: pdickson Sent: 5/4/2004 6:44:50 PM To: gardenchat@hort.net Subject: Re: [CHAT] my garden photos

I have some before pictures... looked pretty desolate. The house was
about 25 years ago... so the pine trees were here, some old silver
Maples...(I know they are trash trees but here you have to make lemonade
of lemons) I had a huge cottonwood, but other than that nothing worth
keeping. The previous owners had an above ground pool that after we
used it
a couple of years seemed like the perfect place for a sun garden. There
nothing around the house. There is still so much more that I would
like to
do but I hate dragging a hose around. We have a well but the water is
hard that we don't think we could keep the sprinklers from plugging up
if we
tried an underground system. That alone keeps me from trying anything