Re: todays experience

I agree 110%, Kitty. But it's the vision thing. And most of them don't have it. I've always suspected that if the normally inept local merchants would quit whining about Wal-Mart and start offering value [instead of same-old, same-old], they could very well whup the Arkansas titan. If you read the NYTimes or the WSJ, you know that Wal-Mart's plan in invade real cities [as opposed to jerk-water towns like my neighborhood] has stalled again. They are frightened of competition from quality merchandise. There are lessons there. Mom and pop need to wake up.