more new plants

Went to a plant sale at a local farm today and my, oh my! What a treat.
A couple of older folks who had lived and gardened prolifically in the
same place for 40 years...what amazing gardens they have!! Of course,
before I left there I had gotten their name and phone number plus an
invitation to return in a few more weeks when the daylilies come into
bloom. They have in excess of 100 cultivars of daylilies alone! They
were selling off their divisions of daylilies, hostas, etc. I bought a
few and they gave me a few more as freebies for the kids when my kids
started telling them all about their own garden patches. Here is what I
got today:

Hemerocallis:
"Pretty Pink"  x2
"Gay Cravat"  X2
"Purple Magic"
"Dresden Beauty"
"Cup of Sugar" X2
"Song of Roland" X2

I also  bought  a Huechera "Dales' Strain"

All  of this on top of another local plant sale I went to at our community center over the weekend, where I bought:

2 red canna
2 yellow canna
2 spider wort
1 yucca
2 Hemerocallis "Diamond Anniversary"
1 Red Oriental Poppy
3 California  poppy
3 Coleus

No cultivar names for most of this stuff...just things people dig up and
bring to a sale, but I am perfectly okay with not knowing this info.

all the stuff from the weekend is already in the ground, now I have to
plant the stuff from today . Ohmigoodness...what happened to my plan not
to buy any more plants, just rearrange what I already have? :-) Yeah,
like that plan was doomed to failure, wasn't it???

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com