Re: todays experience

RE > > > I'm not sure, Kitty, that it's lack of imagination on the buyer's
> > For some it is.  Tree nurseries that branch off into perennials for
> example.
>
> Not sure I follow you on this one, Kitty??

Marge, horticulture is a vast field.  There are some people who can seem to
know it all, but I have noticed that people more often have special
interests and just a peripheral interest in other hort areas.  I was
introdued to a MG yesterday whose main areas are kids, food, and
construction.  He asked if I'd like to help on his current project.  But I
have zero interest in working with kids or food. Likewise, he couldn't care
less about fancy perennials.  Then there's the tree nursery I worked for for
all of 4 days.  These guys know their trees.  They order in some perennials
because people ask for them, but they know very little about them or care.
The problems they mentioned having with perennials could easily be overcome,
but they didn't seem to grasp the situation, though I'm sure they had
classes in these things.  It just didn't matter much to them.  Same goes for
selection.  If a good customer asks for something in particular, they'll
look for it.  But otherwise, they just order whatever is offered to them by
one company.  Perhaps 'lack of imagination'  should read 'lack of interest'.

Kitty