Re: Weekend

It keeps getting closer to full bloom, Aurralie. The bud is bright red today and swollen. I have no doubt that the flower smells a tad foul. Many of these tropical blooms, such as the voodoo lily, do. Story is many of the major tropical pollinators also feed on carrion, which is not a bad idea. Only means beauty comes at a price, as usual.

Night blooming jasmine is another case in point. When it blooms, it smells heavenly, as I'm sure you know from growing up down here. But that great aroma immediately attracts butterflies/moths whose larvae quickly turn the plants into a scandal.