chicory

Well, if anyone hasn't grown this stuff - for a not most attractive
plant,
the flowers are profuse and gorgeous. As Jesse observed in March, it looks
like
an overgrown dandelion for the longest.  Then it sends up this 5'
multi-branched
bloom stalk and really does make gorgeous blue flowers.  I started some from
seed
last year and this is the survivor.  Glad now I didn't just yank it as I was
planning
to if it didn't do anything.  It would be better in a big bed w/ something to
hide
it's so-so looking feet however.  Mine will get transplanted out back in
September.

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A