Re: chicory

Auralie, I think these two plants--chicory and queen anne's lace--are pretty much "native" everywhere, although I haven't seen any this far south. But they're all over California and the west. I think the most interesting thing about the chicory, after its sensational color, is the fact that the flowers close about noon. I don't know if the same flowers re-open next day or if new ones take their place. And thanks for the article; it's a keeper.