Emergency room

Back from the emergency room. The short one, while weeding, got stabbed in the arm by an Agave angustifolia. By the time she got inside to wash the blood off, the area of the puncture had swollen up as big as a hen's egg. So we got to visit our local health care provider and hang in the ER for awhile.

No lasting damage from the wound. By the time we got home, the swelling was nearly down. Kind of scary, though, the way it just ballooned up.

Island Jim Southwest Florida Zone 10 27.0 N, 82.4 W