From: Andrea H [mailto: hodgesaa@earthlink.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 22:17:30 -0400
Subject: [CHAT] Re:Plant Delights

www.plantdelights.com<br><br>they do have some great stuff, but some of
the more common things (Cannas<br>for example) are terribly expensive.
Original Message ----- <br>From: "Donna "
<justme@prairieinet.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Friday,
May 07, 2004 9:10 PM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] todays
garden centers/nurseries around here have gone under in the<br>> last
few years... surprising with all I spent there :) I suppose a few<br>>
hour ride to the Chgo area might lead to somewhere interesting, but<br>>
finding them vs the normal ones could be difficult.<br>><br>> I live 40
miles south of Chicago, so traffic and construction would make<br>> that
a 3 hour round trip for me. Here we don't have much, closest<br>>
grocery store is 15 miles away. Lots of corn

fields around here.<br>><br>> Doubt I would ever order from Gene-- but I
could see me taking a ride<br>> there and picking some goodies up...
have thought about doing that for<br>> years now, and some time I
will..... Unfortunately I have limited amount<br>> of shade, so mostly
use sun plants, which was very strange for me when I<br>> first moved
here.. always been a shade gardener....talk about a cultural<br>> shock
ordered boatloads via mailorder. Just like Marge said, give<br>> them
a<br>> > try with a small order. If a company treats the small orders

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com