From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 09:57:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] my garden photos

Melody<br>rental - yeah - hadn't thought of that. I'm sure a 4hr time
frame would do<br>it and shouldn't be too expensive. Less than replacing
lines damaged from<br>freezing water. AND I wouldn't have to store yet
another thing that is only<br>used once a year.
<mhobertm@excite.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Monday, May
Kitty: Do you know anyone who does construction, auto-work or lays<br>>
carpet/vinyl for a living...almost all of these guys have pneumatic<br>>
tools powered by small air compressors these days and could probably
be<br>> persuaded to let you borrow it for a day or two when you need
it. If you<br>> don't know someone, I'm sure you could get it at a local
rental store<br>> for dirt cheap, since they also rent the pneumatic
5/4)<br>><br>> "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
kmrsy@comcast.net > wrote:<br>> From: Kitty [mailto:
kmrsy@comcast.net]<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Sat, 8 May
Well, my sistem is in but we've had plenty of rain so far, so I
won't<br>> know<br>how well it works for awhile. I toyed with the idea
of taking it<br>> in during<br>winter, but it took me most of a day to
lay it and if I had<br>> to relay it next<br>yr, it would be a nightmare
trying to get it the<br>> same. So it will stay down<br>and hopefully I
can get the lines blown<br>> for the winter. I almost bought a<br>small
air compressor for the job,<br>> but all I can find are ones that
are<br>powered via the cigarette<br>> lighter port of a car. That's not
----- <br>From:<br>> "Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:<br>> Friday,

May 07, 2004 11:27 PM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] my garden<br>>
I<br>> don't use the sharp<br>> degree fittings, more the larger ones. I
also<br>> use 2inch pvc, so there is<br>> some room for the hose to work
never have a problem with a kink. I do use an air<br>><br>> compressor
to blow out the hoses for the winter. I started doing this<br>> at<br>>
the summer place, and the hose lasts about 5 years then springs<br>> a
leak.<br>> Easy enough to replace, just connect the new hose to the<br>>
for<br>> the winter, I don't bury this very deep.<br>> Maybe 6 inches
report on<br>> the sprinkler<br>> system. I would like to do something
like that but<br>> fear the winter would<br>> cause me to replace it
every spring....but<br>> like the idea of selective<br>> areas getting
watered... but I guess<br>> that means I can't be moving plants<br>> all
suggestion is even<br>> better than what I've been doing, which is<br>>
> just securing sections<br>> of hose along the edge of borders with
can plug the sections into<br>> > the main hose and change<br>> watering
devices. Even my really low tech<br>> > method seems to be<br>> working
better than hauling 200' of recalcitrant,<br>> > kicking,<br>> twisting
hose all over the map. Lordy do I hate hoses!<br>> > Products<br>> of
the devil's workshop.<br>> ><br>> > Donna are all your PVC pipe
runs<br>> straight? If not, how do you handle<br>> > curves or angles?
Support h

t.net -- join the hort.net fund
http://www.excite.com<br>> The most personalized portal on the

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com