From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:55:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] mulch

No. Megan is afraid of worms and has zero interest in gardening.
Mike<br>seems to prefer houseplants. They just wanted the mulch to look
better, so<br>that's about how I left it. The daylilies will probably do
alright in the<br>clay, they can survive almost anything. I also planted
some Geranium<br>phaeum, because Mike liked it, but thats about it. Down
the road, Megan<br>wants to install a shade tree, so I will probably
help with that. Anybody<br>want to suggest a favorite shade tree for
"Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Sounds like you are going to be there for awhile working that ....
Funny how some small project turns into a major issue... happens to
nuts!<br>> > BTW, I went back to my niece's house to plant a few things
today. I<br>> > pulled<br>> > away the mulch and cut away the fabric and
again (thought I might fall down the infamous rabbit<br>> hole)<br>> >
and found.....black plastic. So by now the soil level is 8-10
inches<br>> > down.<br>> > No way to plant anything. Except.....there
was a large area on a<br>> corner<br>> > that did not have the second
layer. So I cut the hole and found<br>> modeling<br>> > clay. The worst
possible stuff! and these people actually went to the<br>> > effort of

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

http://www.hort.net/funds/