Re: mulch/tree

Would have said an ash, but with the emerald ash borer out there, I'm not sure they should be planted anymore. Do they want deep shade, dappled shade, flowers, fall color???
On Monday, May 10, 2004, at 10:17 PM, Judy L Browning wrote:

There's a lovely weeping birch with almost black deeply cut leaves. If it's
resistant to birch borer, it should be fairly low maintenance. Really
striking with the dark foliage and peeling white bark.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] mulch

No. Megan is afraid of worms and has zero interest in gardening. Mike
seems to prefer houseplants. They just wanted the mulch to look better,
that's about how I left it. The daylilies will probably do alright in the
clay, they can survive almost anything. I also planted some Geranium
phaeum, because Mike liked it, but thats about it. Down the road, Megan
wants to install a shade tree, so I will probably help with that. Anybody
want to suggest a favorite shade tree for Zone 5?