From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of SueNY
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 11:25 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bamboo shoots?

Oh do I know about nutty neighbors! We had to move in March because of one.
She lived below us and started harassing us like you would not believe!
Anytime she heard us moving around she'd bang on her ceiling. She'd
blast-and
I mean blast..our stuff would be shaking-her stereo and TV from 8am to 1am
several times a week! She kept trying to convince me my boyfriend was
sleeping
with a bunch of other women in the complex and that I should dump him. Then
one day I dropped my keys and she called the police! She did it again once
when I dropped some groceries I was putting away. She verbally abused anyone
that came to the front door of the building for us...the mailman, UPS, even
the poor paperboy, who quit because of her. I had to stop ordering garden
stuff through the mail cause I didn't want the poor mail guys to get
attacked!
She'd come out in the hall and scream and scream at me, she even lunged at
me
a few times. I became so afraid of her I was virtually a prisoner in the
apartment. I wouldn't go out alone. Then she started physically threatening
us. One day when I was in the apartment minding my own business she started
screaming up to me that if she as so much as heard the floor creak she was
going to hurt me. I was so scared I called 911. Luckily our landlord agreed
she was a problem and moved us to another unit at the other end of the
complex. They want to evict her but since her unit is owned by a different
landlord (we live in a co-op-some people live in the apartments they bought,
others rent them out and act as landlords) they can't. Her landlord wants
her
out but she is suing them for some reason so they are in a tough spot.
Everyone in the building she's in has moved out because of her! Sad how some
people just have to make others miserable to be happy. She's a real nut. She
thinks she's wonderful and smart and everyone else is an idiot and "beneath
her." Ugh! So yeah, I can understand what it's like to have a "difficult"
neighbor. To bring things back on topic, she was a lousy gardener...she had
two window boxes and everything she put in them died...LOL

Sue