Re: gardenpix

Well, my friends, thank you for the very kind words.  Delighted you
enjoyed the pix:-)

No, David, no tours....while parts of this garden look fine( more or
less) it, as a whole, ain't ready for prime time:-)  I have had
people who have found me on the net and live near or are traveling
past ask to come see it and come by and I'm most happy to trot them
around, but nothing organized....don't think I could manage to get it
all cleaned up for something like a tour...yikes!   The thought is
actually horrifying!

Kitty - the raised bed garden, which has the sandbed and that combo
with the pansies and my mini bog with the sarr flower, is about as
full sun as I have and that's only maybe 3-4 hours direct tho' most
of it does not have any trees hanging over it, so there's open sky
above, which makes a difference and lets sun lovers make it.    That
pansy was not as much of a success as I had envisioned.  While it is
actually yellower than the image shows, it's really, IMO, too light
for that group - needs to be more of a saturated yellow so it doesn't
just jump out at you and/or there need to be more of them.  It's not
so apparent in the photo, but it is when you look at the bed.
Totally lost in the bed (and the image) are some black pansies.  I
thought they'd look so cool with the Ophiopogon and yellow
pansies...heck, you can't even tell they're in there unless you're
really looking hard.

Donna, if you want to know what anything is, just yell...I didn't
want to bore everybody with a plant list:-)

Lynda, I don't get to sit on that bench too often:-)  But, as I was
working up that side and needed a break, I did...and was feeling
rather pleased with myself at the time:-)  Usually, if I do sit and
look at any part of the garden, I end up jumping up to go pull some
hideous weed or deal with some mess I've been avoiding....so, for me,
to sit and enjoy a view is sort of unusual and I just had to share:-)

Bonnie, your woodland garden will get there; the front and west part
of my garden are working on 25 years old or more - well, bits keep
getting changed, but the bones are old - it takes a while for plants
to fill in.  My new woodland garden has that new and bare look that
beds always seem to have for at least the first 3 years.  My west
border needs to be taken apart and totally redone - I mean
badly....old Leyland cypress now in too much shade need to come out
as do the remnants of a group of Pfitzer junipers slowly dying off
from too much shade - major projects I keep putting off as it's much
more fun to build new gardens:-)

I'm so happy you guys enjoyed my pix:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net