Re: mulch

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Marge, I find Pinebark a happy medium for that.  It does break down
and feed
> the soil, but not so rapidly that I'd replace it every 3 months
like Pam.  I
> could never afford that!  Every spring I add to it and in fall I
catch the
> thin spots.

Agree with you 100% on this one, Kitty.  Tho' I'm not sure if Pam's
weather wouldn't break it down fast - the hotter it is the faster the
little munchers work to rot organic material, esp. if it's kept moist
and I know Pam waters a lot.  Neither of our climates are as brutally
hot as Pam's.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi