Re: Buddha's Hand

Short answer is I don't know. Never tasted one that I was aware of. But since it's described as a citron, I assume it is candied and it tastes something like a kumquat. Most of the "fruit" in commercial fruitcake turns out to be citron [although not necessarily Buddha's hand citron] that has been candied and dyed various colors.