From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of SueNY
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 10:25 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bamboo shoots?

Oh do I know about nutty neighbors! We had to move in March because of
one. She lived below us and started harassing us like you would not
believe! Anytime she heard us moving around she'd bang on her ceiling.
She'd blast-and I mean blast..our stuff would be shaking-her stereo and
TV from 8am to 1am several times a week! She kept trying to convince me
my boyfriend was sleeping with a bunch of other women in the complex and
that I should dump him. Then one day I dropped my keys and she called
the police! She did it again once when I dropped some groceries I was
putting away. She verbally abused anyone that came to the front door of
the building for us...the mailman, UPS, even the poor paperboy, who quit
because of her. I had to stop ordering garden stuff through the mail
cause I didn't want the poor mail guys to get attacked! She'd come out
in the hall and scream and scream at me, she even lunged at me a few
times. I became so afraid of her I was virtually a prisoner in the
apartment. I wouldn't go out alone. Then she started physically
threatening us. One day when I was in the apartment minding my own
business she started screaming up to me that if she as so much as heard
the floor creak she was going to hurt me. I was so scared I called 911.
Luckily our landlord agreed she was a problem and moved us to another
unit at the other end of the complex. They want to evict her but since
her unit is owned by a different landlord (we live in a co-op-some
people live in the apartments they bought, others rent them out and act
as landlords) they can't. Her landlord wants her out but she is suing
them for some reason so they are in a tough spot. Everyone in the
building she's in has moved out because of her! Sad how some people just
have to make others miserable to be happy. She's a real nut. She thinks
she's wonderful and smart and everyone else is an idiot and "beneath
her." Ugh! So yeah, I can understand what it's like to have a
"difficult" neighbor. To bring things back on topic, she was a lousy
gardener...she had two window boxes and everything she put in them
died...LOL

Sue