From: SueNY [mailto: sue.nyc@att.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:24:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bamboo shoots?

Oh do I know about nutty neighbors! We had to move in March because of
one.<br>She lived below us and started harassing us like you would not
believe!<br>Anytime she heard us moving around she'd bang on her
ceiling. She'd blast-and<br>I mean blast..our stuff would be shaking-her
stereo and TV from 8am to 1am<br>several times a week! She kept trying
to convince me my boyfriend was sleeping<br>with a bunch of other women
in the complex and that I should dump him. Then<br>one day I dropped my
keys and she called the police! She did it again once<br>when I dropped
some groceries I was putting away. She verbally abused anyone<br>that
came to the front door of the building for us...the mailman, UPS,
even<br>the poor paperboy, who quit because of her. I had to stop
ordering garden<br>stuff through the mail cause I didn't want the poor
mail guys to get attacked!<br>She'd come out in the hall and scream and
scream at me, she even lunged at me<br>a few times. I became so afraid
of her I was virtually a prisoner in the<br>apartment. I wouldn't go out
alone. Then she started physically threatening<br>us. One day when I was
in the apartment minding my own business she started<br>screaming up to
me that if she as so much as heard the floor creak she was<br>going to
hurt me. I was so scared I called 911. Luckily our landlord
agreed<br>she was a problem and moved us to another unit at the other
end of the<br>complex. They want to evict her but since her unit is
owned by a different<br>landlord (we live in a co-op-some people live in
the apartments they bought,<br>others rent them out and act as
landlords) they can't. Her landlord wants her<br>out but she is suing
them for some reason so they are in a tough spot.<br>Everyone in the
building she's in has moved out because of her! Sad how some<br>people
just have to make others miserable to be happy. She's a real nut.
She<br>thinks she's wonderful and smart and everyone else is an idiot
and "beneath<br>her." Ugh! So yeah, I can understand what it's like to
have a "difficult"<br>ne

ighbor. To bring things back on topic, she was a lousy gardener...she
had<br>two window boxes and everything she put in them
Aplfgcnys@aol.com<br> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br> Sent: Tuesday, May 11,
Sue. I am quite aware of bamboo's invasive qualities, but there is<br>
no danger of damage - just major annoyance. The bamboo in question is
at<br>the<br> bottom of the garden along the property line. We are on a
pretty steep<br>incline<br> with many rocky outcroppings between the
house and the bamboo. The neighbor<br> is a difficult one, and may have
planted the bamboo where she did because we<br> would not let her put a
deer fence across the middle of the small pond we<br> share. She's a
real nut about a lot of things, but we will cope.<br> Thanks for your
concern, and everyone else's too.<br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com