From: Marge Talt [mailto: mtalt@clubhouse-designs.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 02:27:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] gardenpix

Well, my friends, thank you for the very kind words. Delighted
this garden look fine( more or<br>less) it, as a whole, ain't ready for
prime time:-) I have had<br>people who have found me on the net and live
near or are traveling<br>past ask to come see it and come by and I'm
most happy to trot them<br>around, but nothing organized....don't think
I could manage to get it<br>all cleaned up for something like a
raised bed garden, which has the sandbed and that combo<br>with the
pansies and my mini bog with the sarr flower, is about as<br>full sun as
I have and that's only maybe 3-4 hours direct tho' most<br>of it does
not have any trees hanging over it, so there's open sky<br>above, which
makes a difference and lets sun lovers make it. That<br>pansy was not as
much of a success as I had envisioned. While it is<br>actually yellower
than the image shows, it's really, IMO, too light<br>for that group -
needs to be more of a saturated yellow so it doesn't<br>just jump out at
you and/or there need to be more of them. It's not<br>so apparent in the
photo, but it is when you look at the bed. <br>Totally lost in the bed
(and the image) are some black pansies. I<br>thought they'd look so cool
with the Ophiopogon and yellow<br>pansies...heck, you can't even tell
you want to know what anything is, just yell...I didn't<br>want to bore
everybody with a plant list:-)<br><br>Lynda, I don't get to sit on that
bench too often:-) But, as I was<br>working up that side and needed a
break, I did...and was feeling<br>rather pleased with myself at the
time:-) Usually, if I do sit and<br>look at any part of the garden, I
end up jumping up to go pull some<br>hideous weed or deal with some mess
I've been avoiding....so, for me,<br>to sit and enjoy a view is sort of
unusual and I just had to share:-)<br><br>Bonnie, yo

ur woodland garden will get there; the front and west part<br>of my
garden are working on 25 years old or more - well, bits keep<br>getting
changed, but the bones are old - it takes a while for plants<br>to fill
in. My new woodland garden has that new and bare look that<br>beds
always seem to have for at least the first 3 years. My west<br>border
needs to be taken apart and totally redone - I mean<br>badly....old
Leyland cypress now in too much shade need to come out<br>as do the
remnants of a group of Pfitzer junipers slowly dying off<br>from too
much shade - major projects I keep putting off as it's much<br>more fun
to build new gardens:-)<br><br>I'm so happy you guys enjoyed my
Gardening in
Article: Battling
Index of Articles by Category and
Suite101.com garden topics