From: Jesse Bell [mailto: silverhawk@flash.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

Ohhhh Zem...have some "Snow on the Mountain" ya wanna share? I'll
take
some off your hands...and some of that wonderful white sage you
said you
grow. I'll trade ya some iris??

Zemuly@aol.com wrote:
Our spring started in February this
year. The good news is my Confederate
Rose (Hibiscus mutabilis) is
really big now, and it's usually just coming up
about May 1. Maybe
I'll get lots of bloom time before our first frost in early

November. One of my peonies bloomed in early April -- way before the
purple
iris it's meant to compliment, and I think every seed from my
perennials came
up. I pulled up oodles of them before going to the
beach, and my effort at
thinning doesn't even show! I've got to get
out there soon and pull up about a
gazillion more! Even the Snow on
the Mountain has reseeded everywhere, and I
didn't expect that. The
upside is it's nice to know that, at my age, I'm still
naive about
some things.

zem
zone 7