RE: mulch NOW Names

Thanks for sharing!

Theresa

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Zemuly@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 6:12 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] mulch NOW Names

In a message dated 5/12/2004 9:58:02 PM Central Standard Time,
tchessie@comcast.net writes:
Where does your name come from?
For many generations in my father's family the first daughter was given the
name of both her paternal and maternal grandmothers.  I have pictures of
several of the Zemulys in my family, the oldest being of my great great
great
grandmother, Zemuly Coates McClesky.  It was sometimes spelled "Zemily."  I
don't
know its origin, but I have proof going back to the eighteenth century.
Unfortunately, girls didn't count for much in family wills or other records
before
that time.  There is even a community, named for an ancestor, in Mississippi
with that name.  If my parents had truly followed the custom my name would
have
been Zemuly Isabel.

zem

http://www.hort.net/funds/