From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:27:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] mulch NOW Names

Melody,<br>My niece Megan's fiance is named Mike, We refer to them as
the M&Ms. I have<br>to ask about Marty and Morgan - male or female? No,
wait, Marty would be<br>your husband. Ok, how about Morgan - m or
<mhobertm@excite.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Thursday,
Did I ever tell you guys that with my husband, myself, and all our<br>>
kids...we all have "M" names...Marty, Melody, Meghan, Mark, and
Morgan<br>> and our last name is an "M" name, too...collectively in our
town and<br>> among our friends we are known as the M&M's...I know it's
kind of<br>> cutesy, but it gives us an identity as a family...something
common to<br>> smile at among ourselves that we instantly identify
with...years from<br>> now I hope my kids remember it and smile when
they think back to the<br>> time in their life when each of them was a
baby M&M. :-) Family names<br>> are important...a link to something
bigger than just yourself. We were<br>> at the cemetary the other day
where my husband's family has been buried<br>> for generations, visiting
his dad's grave. We wandered around for about<br>> an hour, looking at
relatives and friends from the past and my kids were<br>> astonished and
delighted to find old names that they know in current<br>> people in the
family...Tade for instance: that is their great-great<br>> grandfather
and also their 17 year old cousin. Made a connection for<br>> them when
5/4)<br>><br>> "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
kmrsy@comcast.net > wrote:<br>> From: Kitty [mailto:
kmrsy@comcast.net]<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Wed, 12 May
??????<br>So how do they get your middle name to use it?<br>The
only<br>> person that needs to

be comfortable with your name is YOU.<br>Chuckle, I<br>> remember way
back when this list was at AHS-msn and someone<br>accused<br>> you of
hiding behind a fake stupid name and you really let her<br>> have<br>it!
Good for you. I think your name is easy, especially since<br>> you
don't<br>mind it shortened to Zem - gosh how hard is that? As I<br>>
recall it is a name<br>that has been in your family for some<br>>
generations, something to be proud of.<br>Mine, too, is a family
name<br>> from long ago relatives in Ireland who used<br>several
versions of it<br>> and not, as some people think, just a cute<br>>
<Zemuly@aol.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Wednesday,
May<br>> 12, 2004 9:48 AM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] mulch NOW
daughter got the 'h'...don't<br>> know as it caused her any problems
was in the fourth grade before I<br>><br>> could even spell it! It's a
Most people, however, are not<br>> comfortable with my name and call
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund

The most personalized portal on the Web!<br>><br>>
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>> http://

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com