From: Andrea H [mailto: hodgesaa@earthlink.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:39:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] mulch NOW Names

At least y'all got names. I was "Hodges Female" for several
days.<br>Apparently, I was supposed to be a boy (although there was no
such thing as<br>ultrasound so I guess my mom had a vision or something)
and my name was<br>Jeffery Devon. When I turned out to be a girl they
were stumped. Now I'm<br>Andrea Alane. I was telling Zem I think they
should have gone with something<br>more daring, like my one of my
<silverhawk@flash.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Thursday,
May 13, 2004 12:55 PM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] mulch NOW
wrote:<br>> In a message dated 05/13/2004 9:12:52 AM Eastern Daylight
of both her paternal and maternal grandmothers.<br>><br>> Same here,
Zem. When I was born I was named for my two
maternal<br>grandmothers<br>> - Martha Grace. But when my mother died
five months later they changed my<br>> birth certificate to show her
name, Auralie. Now the story was that her<br>> father, Grace's husband,
had named her for his first love who he claimed<br>was the<br>> most
beautiful woman he ever saw. Grace was no beauty even when she
was<br>young.<br>> Then twenty years later my father, with a second
wife, had another<br>daughter,<br>> and again named her for the two
maternal grandmothers - Martha Jean. I<br>have<br>> never quite gotten
over that - I felt that they gave her my name and that<br>I was<br>> a
non-person to my father's family. I know, intellectually, that was
not<br>> true, but that's the way I felt then. And I always felt much
more like a<br>Martha<br>> than like an Auralie, especially since Grace
never failed to assure me<br>that I<br>> was no match for either of the
ea

rlier Auralies.<br>> Oh well. It just made me tougher and more
determined to be myself.<br>> Names have strange powers, don't they. A
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com