From:  [mailto: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:17:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] Beetle eating rose blooms

Beneficial nematodes man. Spray them out every Spring. Gets the
grubs,<br>flea larvea, fire ants, iris borers - all of it. Been doing it
5/13/2004 8:29:06 PM<br>To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT]
Beetle eating rose blooms<br><br>> sorry, I wasn't very clear was I? the
beetles start out as grubs. Although<br>> you can kill them as adult
beetles, it is easier (supposedly) to control<br>> them by killing the
grubs before they become the beetles. So you have to<br>> treat the lawn
where they are "metomorphisizing" in the soil.<br>> Andrea H<br>>
"Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net><br>> To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 8:48 PM<br>> Subject: RE: [CHAT] Beetle
friend sent the picture to the Bug Guys at Clemson and they<br>> >
said<br>> > > it<br>> > > is a scarab beetle, related to June and
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>> <br>>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com