Re: Cicada invasion...

Bonnie,

I have read that you can protect trees by the use of pond netting or cheese
cloth, by draping it over the tree and securing the ends at the trunk of the
tree, like a lollipop.  I have some young trees that I am worried about,
particularly a Japanese maple that I planted last year.

I would think that the holes in the pond netting would have to be small
enough to keep the bugs out, but I don't know how large the bugs will be.  Does
anyone know - Will 1/2 inch netting be sufficient?  Or would it be 1/4 inch
netting?

Eva
Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7