RE: White Sage

Not the same thing. But thanks for thinking of me. You are so sweet.
Actually, Eva sent me some seeds for white sage for my birthday. I am
going to grow those...but just in case they didn't "take" I wanted a
backup.

Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net> wrote:
This is just too much of a coincident. I stopped into Meijers tonight and
HAD TO peruse their plants before paying for groceries and I saw something
called "Salvia argenteam" or Silver Sage. Is the Silver sage the same thing
as the White Sage you folks are talking about? I almost got it. I can go
back, I think, because they had 3-4 of the plants at about $5.00 per quart
container. It has thick fleshy leaves covered in long, silver white hairs.
It reminded me of a non-lethal cactus because the hairs were soft and not
hard or pointy. When I googled it, one sight purported it to be a main
ingredient in several Native American ceremonies.

I had wanted to ask if anyone in the group grew it and whether it would be a
good acquisition for a zone 5, mostly shade garden. I had never seen a
plant like it before and I think it looks pretty neat!

We have a few Native Americans still in the Miami Valley and a good number
of "mounds" that have yielded a rich Native American treasure chest of items
and history in the area. Sun village is still in the process of being
restored and there is a permanent "Blue Jacket" theater production. If you
aren't sure whether this is the same plant, Jesse, I can try and call the
"Blue Jacket" office or Sun Village to see if they have any more info.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)