From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 4:01 PM
To: Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Laundry list

We got most things done before the rain started today.

The only hold-overs of any consequence are two golden barrel cactuses
that need to have their pot size jumped [something I find easy to put
off] and a 15-gallon kumquat that needs a permanent home in the ground.

The kumquat has been our Christmas tree for the last 3 years [it's
loaded with bright orange fruit at that time of year, so it
self-decorating], but it's beginning to outgrow its pot and I'm getting
too old to wrestle a 30-gallon pot in and out of the house.

I'm sure that by next weekend, the list will be longer. We still have
to rip out an aging hibiscus and then find something else to block the
evening sun from the sunroom.

I know, I know--if it's a sunroom, why block the sun? Because summer is
coming and if we don't block the sun, it will be a life-size toaster
over.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10