From:  [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:32:16 EDT
Subject: [CHAT] Plant disaster

In early April I ordered many miniature roses from Nor'East for a
speaker on the topic and <br>wanted to have plants to demonstrate and
judge. I was disturbed to find that <br>they are no longer in the north
east but in California. Then I was told that <br>they couldn't ship
until the middle of May, but they assured me that they <br>would be here
in time for the school. Well, they arrived at the post office on
they left a <br>notice that we could pick up the package the next day.
The next day, being <br>Saturday, we were both tied up with the Lasdon
plant sale and unable to get to <br>the post office, which by the way is
not at all near us. There are three <br>nearer, but for packages we have
to go in to Peekskill and struggle with difficult <br>traffic and
parking. When I got the package this morning and opened it I was
over the <br>weekend and I guess they just cooked. Only three of the 18
plants look any way <br>like they might make it. I'm sure I can nurse
some of the others back in due <br>course, but not by next week. And
what will I do with all these roses - I <br>had expected my club members
to buy most of them, but I can't ask them to pay <br>for these bare
sticks.<br>If they had used UPS or FedEx there would have been no
problem - just the <br>!@#) post office. Since there is a three hour
time difference, I will wait until <br>11:00 to call them, but I really
intend to protest strongly.<br>Thanks for letting me

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com