From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 6:47 PM
To: Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Dragon wing begonias

Last year there was some talk about "dragon wing" begonias. We have six
or seven of them in the front patio. Some in hanging baskets, some in
pots, some affixed to trees. They are all blooming now, spectacularly.
But there are other angel wings that are even more spectacular and are
in full bloom.

We just re-potted one that is 4 feet tall, has leaves 8 inches by 4
inches, and blooms in huge clusters of pale pink flowers. Oh, yeah, and
the leaves are dark gray-green with fantastic silver blotches.

Another, 4-1/2 feet tall, has smaller leaves, olive green in color, but
enormous sprays of bright red flowers--and I mean enormous. At least
two handsful per bunch. And the best part is that they will last for
months and months and months.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10