From: David Franzman [mailto: dfranzma@pacbell.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:41:32 -0700
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] New oleander/schools

No, no, no Pam! It's "Can I supersize that for you!" Man, could I tell
you<br>stories about my kids school. They watch more movies than the
attendants at<br>the Sundance Movie Festival. What's worse is that not
only are most of the<br>movies out of context with the class but many of
them are...ugh...cartoons.<br>Now are we talking about an elementary
school? Nope! High school. The<br>coup d' grace was when my daughter
came home from school and she told me<br>that they watched, in Spanish
class, a Flintstones cartoon movie...IN<br>ENGLISH! Oh, it did have
Spanish subtitles. The schools are dumbing down<br>our kids and I find
Tropics<br>www.atouchofthetropics.net<br>----- Original Message -----
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 7:35 PM<br>Subject:
the local public schools produce here - you want<br>fries w/ that?
Original Message -----<br>> From: james singer<br>> Sent: 5/17/2004
4:24:57 PM<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] New
oleander<br>><br>> > Yes, they are. And I think the Montessori
environment is perfect to<br>> > bring out their curiosity. I think the
best part--that older children<br>> > have responsibilities in the
education of younger children--encourages<br>> > a kind of intellectual
development that simply does not occur in other<br>> > settings. And I
think that is why a high percentage of Montessori<br>> > graduates
09:04 AM, Zemuly@aol.com wrote:<br>> ><br>> > > In a message dated
5/17/2004 4:08:07 AM Central Standard Time,<br>> > > jsinger@igc.org
writes:<br>> > > Ms. Fatma teaches the primary grades in a Montessori
school.<br>> > > I volunteer with that same age group at our local
Montessori school.<br>> > > That<br>> > > age is the gre

atest. They are adorable and so eager to learn.<br>> > > zem<br>> >
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com