Re: New oleander/schools

I agree with you completely, Melody.  A good friend of mine is the asst.
director of Head Start in the Florida Keys.  She refers to NCLB as "no white child
left behind."  The public schools in my county in TN are an embarrassment.
Most white families send their children to those dreadful academies that were
formed after the decision in Brown v. Board of Education.  It's a travesty.  My
grandchildren attend public school in a huge system where everything is
taught to take standardized tests and individuality is discouraged.  We must all
work hard to ensure changes are made, but we have a difficult task ahead of us.
zem