Re: Laundry list

No. Haven't done this before--but have discussed it endlessly. The real problem is giving the plant sale cover. So we're putting together a real garage sale, and that takes a bit more thought than I am used to. Ms Fatma reads paperbacks like many folks eat oreos, so we've got boxes of them. We've also got old clothes. We've got tools left by service persons. And we've got plants. Lots of plants, some pricey.

There was a small iguana in my garage last weekend. Probably a hatchling. Wish I'd caught it. Another item, somewhat exotic, to go on garage sale list.

Oh, yeah. It's pre-Easter because that's when most of the snow birds fly north.

On Sunday, May 16, 2004, at 09:08 PM, Kitty wrote:

So, Jim, how big is this pre-easter garage sale next year ? Do you do
this every year? I bet you have the most interesting stuff.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Laundry list

Understand completely. But potting up for one's self can also get to be
heavy lifting. We bumped some Phoenix dactylifera from 1-gallon pot to
7-gallon pot today, plus any number of smaller plants and rooted
cuttings into larger pots.

We've also got some 3-foot tall bamboo palm [Chamaedora species]
seedlings in one of the seed beds that we've got to pot up next
weekend. It's probably going to be a real adventure getting those
babies out of the seed bed.

And this reminds me--I've got a dozen or so rooted cuttings of Carissa
macrocarpa that I'll be happy to send to anyone who wants them. Thorny
devils, but the flowers have wonderful fragrance.