Re: Re: /schools

> I've said this all my adult life:  Private schools are the bane of this
> country.
Too broad a statement, David.
Speaking from my experience of 12 years of parochial school, which is
private school, but not quite the private school that Bill Gate's kids would
attend.......
I was able to receive a good education with, I believe, less of the
interuptions you mentioned in another post.  Baby-sitting didn't happen in
my classes.  Can't behave ?  Out you go.  My parents paid tuition for 3 of
us and we weren't well off by any standards.  All the parents that pay
tuition for parochial schools get no tax break from the govt, and yet they
do not make use of funds that the govt has assigned for public schools.  For
12 yrs x 3, my folks paid taxes which went to public schools AND they paid
tuition.  This allows the public schools extra funds.  It's not our fault
they didn't use it wisely.  If I had had kids, they too would have attended
parochial school.

Kitty