Re: gardenpix/ carex

> From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com>
> Marge: Yeah, that's what I figured...it wouldn't be hardy. But I
> look for something similar in color and form, so it's not a total
> :-) Again, thanks!

Well, Melody, I'm not sure if you're colder than z5, but if not, then
you might consider Carex muskingumensis ...it has a somewhat similar
form and dark green color....this gets tall, tho'...what was in my
photo was a seedling so, it was not all that large...dunno if size is
a criteria.

I grew mine from seed.  As I recall, germination was easy.  Of
course, mine is in too much shade, so it flops, but that's OK:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :