From: Marge Talt [mailto: mtalt@hort.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 01:19:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] gardenpix/ carex

> From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com><br>> Marge: Yeah, that's what I
figured...it wouldn't be hardy. But I<br>can<br>> look for something
similar in color and form, so it's not a total<br>loss.<br>> :-) Again,
than z5, but if not, then<br>you might consider Carex muskingumensis
...it has a somewhat similar<br>form and dark green color....this gets
tall, tho'...what was in my<br>photo was a seedling so, it was not all
that large...dunno if size is<br>a
mine from seed. As I recall, germination was easy. Of<br>course, mine is
in too much shade, so it flops, but that's OK:-)<br><br>Marge Talt, zone
7 Maryland<br>mtalt@hort.net<br>Editor: Gardening in
Article: Battling
Index of Articles by Category and
Suite101.com garden topics