Re: way way WAY OT/political

In a message dated 5/18/2004 6:37:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
hodgesaa@earthlink.net writes:
My question is, who do you choose as the lesser of the evils? ... Now, again,
I'm
certainly not impressed with Bush. The man is not a very bright fellow in
most things. BUT, I'm not impressed with Kerry either. But as an American, I
simply cannot not vote. Just curious on your opinions. I'm not asking or
anyone to make a decision for me ;-)

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

Ok, at the risk of getting involved in a political debate, I consider myself
to be pretty 'middle of the road' - not too liberal & not too conservative,
despite that I was also raised by a very opinionated, right-wing, republican,
"every liberal is evil or stupid" father.  [Mom had no opinion - just went along
with whatever Dad said.]  I have voted for republicans and I have voted for
democrats.  I just try to weigh the policies of the two candidates and choose
the one I most agree with.

I acknowledge that no candidate can be the 'perfect' candidate for every
voter, but c'mon.  Who could possibly vote for Bush when he and his entire
administration lies to the American public, and even worse - the world, on a daily
basis?  Need proof?

http://www.house.gov/reform/min/features/iraq_on_the_record/

http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df05192004.html

http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/read.asp?fn=df05062004.html

http://www.house.gov/appropriations_democrats/caughtonfilm.htm

http://www.bushlies.net/pages/1/

Enough said.

I was never a big fan of Clinton, but it blows my mind that the entire
country was on a rampage & eventually impeached Bill for lying about having sex, yet
there doesn't seem to be more concern or outrage over the countless lies &
deceptions that the entire Bush Administration has perpetrated over the last few
years.  Unbelievable.

Sorry for the rant -- this guy just gets me all fired up!

Eva
Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7