Re: Plant disaster/ups versus usps

Well, David, if you feel that way about the pot, then that's that and
what it costs to ship is what it costs...the customer just has to
understand that's part of the bargain:-)

I agree about Fedex...their overnight service cannot be beat.  In the
more than 20 years I've used them, I have only had one delivery go
astray and there have been many times when I was sending out
overnights 3 or 4 times a week.  But, as for their ground...they can
keep it unless they figure out how to do it, which they have not.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
>
> Hey Marge
>
> Well the pot is part of the package for me.  It's a nice plastic
terra cotta
> pot and it not only reduces the stress on the plant but it helps
protect it
> from the 800 pound gorillas that the delivery people employ.
>
> Kitty answered you as far as how FedEx got into the ground service.
 It
> happened 4-5 years ago and they had no idea how to operate it.
Still don't
> as far as I can tell.  You're right though if the package
absolutely,
> positively has to be there overnight, then FedEx is your carrier.
But for