Re: Plant disaster/ups versus usps

In a message dated 05/20/2004 6:21:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
holmesbm@usit.net writes:

> Just received a USPS priority mail package containing an ordered plant.
> Plant was sent on 5/16 and arrived 5/20 in good condition.  Leaves were not
> wilted; planting material still damp.  I planted it late this afternoon and
> watered

They must deliver to you, Bonnie.  My problem is that the USPS does not
deliver packages to us.  Since we live about 1/3 mile from the main road, the eight
houses on the road have a cluster mailbox on the main road.  Anything too
large to go into the box is not delivered.  They put a notice in the box that it
can be picked up the next day - even Express Mail which is supposed to be next
day delivery.  Our mail still goes through the Peekskill post office though
there are three small offices nearer us.  Peekskill is notorious for poor
service - I could give you some hair-raising tales.