Re: chefs

David knows best because he's been there. But...

There are two junior colleges I am aware of in California that have chef prep schools and restaurants. One of the schools is Delta Community College in Stockton [I took some computer courses at Delta and ate in the restaurant whenever my schedule jibed]. At least one of its graduates, David Smith, opened a fantastic restaurant in Stockton. Maybe the best rack of lamb I ever had.

The other school is in, I believe, Columbia. Up in the Sierra foothills. The school has not only a restaurant, but an inn. It also has an exemption from the state's alcohol server legal requirement that says waitpersons PC for waiter] must be 21 to serve wine. Teens can serve wine in this school's restaurant.

I had one of the best five or ten meals of my life there. Even as I was having a major marital discombobulation with wife number two, the beef Wellington was fantastic. [She thought so, too, incidentally.]