Re: Way OT - Fedex Ground

So true, Sue.  I too have neighbors, friends, and relatives who drive
trucks and are responsible and helpful.  I did not mean to imply that all
truckers are ignorant.  However, even those who drive agree that there are
a sizable number who can't read or can't follow a map.  You live in a
highly regulated state.  Here, in my county, for example, there are no
building codes for non-public buildings and my licensed electrician, who I
admire and trust, cannot read and admits it.  Only 19% of my state has a
degree beyond high school and a sizable number have never completed high
school so we have a large number who are functionally illiterate.  It is a
serious problem in some areas.

While some companies have strict policies and training, there are many
independent truckers and drivers in this area who are not under such rules
nor benefit from company training.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN