Re: poke weed

Yeah, Ron, good, reliable snow cover saves a lot of plants in cold
climates.

Tell your daughter to get a good, sturdy digging FORK to go after
that poke...no way can you pull a mature plant out of the ground:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Ron & Penny Verow <rverow@earthlink.net>
>
> Snow? Nah, we call that cheap fertilizer. The snow actually
insulates
> all we have growing. we only have problems when we have little snow

> cover like this past winter & I lost about 30 % of my new plants.
But...