Re: Artemesia "Oriental Limelight"

Very interesting, Jesse.  Maybe just goes to prove that different
plants act differently in different places:-)  The mugwort I battle
once covered a space about 15 x 30...and I mean covered it, along
with another favorite, bindweed.

I dug and sifted that whole space to get out all the roots but both
of these pests are still popping up...not as much and I nip them
every chance I get, but they are not defeated by any means.  At the
bottom of the hill this garden tops, I see the mugwort is trying to
sneak up from the wild stuff and across the path so it can climb that
hill again.

I'm talking about Artemisia vulgaris:

http://snipurl.com/6kej

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net>
> Hmmm. I've been following this subject with interest. I have
> mugwort...and it does not have a big problem with spreading. It
gets
> big, and I trim it, and I divide it periodically but nothing like
what
> you all are describing. I grew it in Texas and I grow it up here.
And