Re: Way OT - Fedex Ground

Since I was bitching about Fedex ground, I have to say I do not think
it's basically the driver's that make the service a real dog.  It has
to be the way it's organized and how they're running it.  Fedex
express is fantastic...our drivers have always been great and it is
my overnight or 2nd day delivery service of choice; wouldn't even
consider another for that sort of shipping.

And, ref. Sue's post....I know I sure wouldn't want to have to earn a
living driving an 18 wheeler...tough, tough job.  I do think there's
a difference between those who drive the big rigs and those who drive
local delivery vehicles...some of those guys have very great
difficulty with the English language around here and are not high in
the personal maintenance dept.; seem like nice guys - at least civil
in most cases when asking directions.    But, I also know that
confusion in delivery starts with the directions provided by the
dispatchers and some of those are *very* sketchy.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
> In a message dated 05/20/2004 3:45:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> sue.nyc@att.net writes:
> > want to clarify a few stereotypes and misconceptions
> I, for one, know you are right, Sue.  The few drivers I have known
well were
> all hard-working upstanding citizens, except for my
ex-daughter-in-law who got