Re: Re:blue lyme grass

> From: Andrea H <hodgesaa@earthlink.net>
> Marge, I got some blue lyme grass from Park Seed 2 years ago, was
> impressed until this year, it finally is starting to take off. I
just sort
> of laid there before. I love the color but was toying with pulling
it out
> because of its lack of "umph"
> Now I'm glad I won't have to! Was yours a slow starter?

You know, Andrea, I've had it for so many years, I cannot remember
what it did at first or even where I got it.  It's a true grass and I
haven't grown any from seed - on purpose - but I have grown several
Carex from seed and they all seem to take a couple of years to start
looking like anything.  The self-sown Miscanthus and Pennisetum are
the same...first two years you think 'weed' and then they grow up and
are lovely.  So, maybe this is a grassy plant trait?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :