Re: /schools/chef

In a message dated 05/20/2004 11:15:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mhobertm@excite.com writes:

> Judy: FWIW, my favorite cookware is RevereWare...got a basic set for a
> wedding gift 16 years ago and still have the same set today, plus pieces
> I've added over the years. Stands up to any abuse you can dish out to it
> during the course of cooking at home. It has become our standard wedding
> gift to young couples. Not fancy stuff, but does a great job for a
> moderate amount of money.

I can add to that.  Of the Revere Ware basics we bought when we were married
in 1952, I still have, and use all but one.  The small skillet lost its handle
in an accident a few years ago, and the top button has come off one of the
lids.  My m-i-l, who usually didn't approve of anything I did as a matter of
principle, strongly disapproved of my extravagance in spending so much money for
these things - there were much less expensive ones available, and I should
have been more conservative.  I think of that some days when I am shining the
copper bottoms - don't do that as much as I once did, but still do it once in a
while.  Oh yes, I forgot that I have gone through about three kettles, but
that's my fault.  I used to keep the kettle on low heat to humidify the house in
the winter, and sometimes let it burn up.