Re: Iowa storms

Melody, we are soggy but fine.  Talked with my daughter this morning, they
only lost one window, granddaughters car was damaged some by the hail.  They
live about 2 miles N of Madrid on Hwy 17 (SW of Ames) on an acreage.  Hwy 17 was
closed btwn them & Madrid and was also closed S of Madrid.  The town of Madrid
was flooded badly.  They got 5 1/2" last evening.  Red Cross was setup in
town this morning.  We had about 3".  It has been sprinkling off and on this
    Amazing with all the storms the past two nights noone was seriously hurt.
 Our warning systems have become very sophisticated.  The tv stations stay
ontop of it.  No usual shows only weathermen giving directions and warnings.
One was even dressed in shorts last night as I am sure he was at the Allianz
golf tournaments.  Do you get DM stations?
    I am sure the pro golfers think all we have is bad weather.  Since
Allianz has been here it has always been nasty storms.  The first yr they were run
off the greens and had much damage.  Looks like we will not dry out much this
    Hope all is well with Mardi.